Need a dental filling? You're not alone. Everyone needs a dental filling at some point in their lives. Tooth colored fillings, or cosmetic fillings, are used to restore decayed or broken teeth. Tooth colored fillings offer many advantages over metal fillings. Dr. Kathleen Geipe is one of the finest dentists in Salisbury, MD. She offers a full range of dental services, including tooth colored fillings. Here are five reasons to consider tooth colored fillings.
1. Maintain Tooth Health- Composite is a mixture of resin and glass-like particles that produce a tooth colored filling. Tooth colored fillings work wonderfully for cavities. Most of the tooth structure can be preserved, and the material serves to hold that structure tightly together to prevent further decay and fracture.
2. Pleasing Appearance- Traditional dental fillings are less popular than tooth colored dental fillings because of their silvery appearance. Once your Salisbury dentist completes your tooth colored filling, it will look natural and won’t be noticeable when you speak. After it is bonded to the tooth, the composite resin hardens into a strong material that looks like your tooth.
3. Good Durability- Another benefit of tooth colored dental fillings is that they are incredibly durable. Composite is a strong material, providing good durability in dental restorations. Tooth colored fillings can withstand the forces of chewing. This makes them a reliable, long-term solution for cavities.
4. Avoid Allergens- Some people are allergic to one or more of the metals in amalgam dental fillings. An allergy to amalgam fillings causes reactions that occur near the site of the filling. For patients who are allergic to the metals used in amalgam dental fillings, tooth colored fillings can restore their teeth without risk of an allergic reaction.
5. One Single Visit- Say goodbye to lengthy treatment sessions in the dentist's chair. Your tooth colored dental filling can be completed in just one office visit. The treatment will be completed very quickly and you will leave the same day with your tooth colored dental filling.
Don't wait another minute- Call Dr. Kathleen Geipe at 410-543-0599 now to schedule a dental consultation in Salisbury, MD. Tooth colored fillings have helped millions of people improve their smiles, boosting their confidence and enhancing their lives. And it will do the same for you!