How implants from your dentist in Salisbury, MD can give you back your smile.
If you are missing teeth, you’ve probably looked into dental implants. The truth is, dental implants are the closest to having your natural teeth, in both appearance and how they function. There are different ways to restore a dental implant too.
Dr. Kathleen M. Geipe in Salisbury, MD offers a wide variety of dental services, including dental implants and dental implant restorations, and she can give you back your smile.
Dental implant treatment begins with placing the dental implant screw, during a simple in-office procedure. During the healing period, bone will fill in around the dental implant, locking it firmly in place.
After the area has healed, and the dental implant screw is firmly embedded, it’s time for the dental implant restoration to be placed. Common restorations include:
- A single tooth restoration, which is typically a single, high-grade dental ceramic crown
- A dental bridge restoration, which can replace more than one missing tooth; prosthetic teeth fill in the space of the missing teeth, and the dental implants, on both sides of the prosthetic teeth, receive dental implant crowns.
- An implant-supported denture, which replaces an entire arch of missing teeth; the denture is snapped in place over four to six implant screws.
Dental implants provide benefits that can’t be matched by other tooth replacement options. Consider that dental implants are:
- Virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth
- Completely stable so they won’t move around
- Conservative and help to maintain the bone in your jaw
- Easy to clean because you simply brush and floss them just like natural teeth
Consider also that dental implant restorations are made of materials that reflect light, so they look just like natural tooth enamel.
The dental implant screws are made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material that your body won’t reject. In fact, dental implants boast a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
If you want your smile back, look no further than dental implants! To find out more about this amazing tooth replacement option, call Dr. Kathleen M. Geipe in Salisbury, MD at (410) 543-0599. Call today.